Why Women's day Celebrated ?
Women’s are celebrated all around the world on 8 of march as International working women’s day (IWD) ,this day celebrated as symbol of respect, appreciation and love towards women for their economic, political, and social achievements.In some what it is similar to Mothers day and Valentines day as symbol of love towards women.
German Socialist Luise Zeitz behing Women’s day
The German Socialist Luise Zietz proposed the establishment of ‘International Woman’s Day’ and was seconded by fellow socialist and later communist leader Clara Zetkin in an conference held at Copenhagen,Denmark on August 1910 although date for the women’s day is not fixed.
After lot of demonstration of events finally in 1977 at the United Nations General Assembly invited member states to proclaim March 8 as the UN Day for women’s rights and world peace.
The reasons behind why this day is celebrated
- Violence against women is a human rights violation
- Violence against women is a consequence of discrimination against women, in law and also in practice, and of persisting inequalities between men and women
- Violence against women impacts on, and impedes, progress in many areas, including poverty eradication, combating HIV/AIDS, and peace and security
- Violence against women and girls is not inevitable. Prevention is possible and essential
- Violence against women continues to be a global pandemic. Up to 70 per cent of women
experience violence in their lifetime.
In India there is increase in violence against women ,the incident that shook the entire world is the medical student is raped brutally in the running bus in New Delhi.This incident came to light because that happened in Countries Capital,But would have happened if it would have in remote village.
Thousands of rape incidents happens in India but a very few came to light.Let us make a new society were women are respected the most.